The Great Treasure Quest Kids Camp
July 26 - 29, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm | Little Beaver Camp and Retreat Center
Join Us In…The Great Treasure Quest!
Captain Seeks and his first mate, Mr. Muh, discovered a mysterious map containing many symbols, words, and directions. They have traveled to the island on the map to follow the strange clues, hoping to discover what has been called, “The Greatest Collection of Treasure on the Earth”!
Beware the Scalawags! This ruthless band of pirates uses all their abilities to keep anyone from discovering The Great Treasure. Boys and girls, with your help, Captain Seeks and Mr. Muh can find each of the treasures hidden on the island!
- Regular (May 16-June 30) $239.00
- Late Registration (July 1-July 26) $269.00
- Family Discount: Register two children and the third is 50% off!
Children who are 1st-6th grade.
Children must have completed the 1st grade to attend.
Minister James Reynolds
Camp Check-In & Check-Out:
Camp Check-In: Daily, from July 26th – 29th at 8:00 am at King’s Wasilla.
Parent Pick Up: Daily, from July 26th – 29th at 8:00 pm at King’s Wasilla.
Special Note: Parent Pick Up on Wednesday, July 27th is at 9:00 pm.
Camp packets will be mailed to every registered camper beginning in June! The packets contain all necessary forms and detailed information about Camp Check-In.
Basic Kids Camp Details:
- Structure – Each camper is placed on a team led by an adult leader and youth assistant who are approved by King’s. For the entirety of the camp, the campers are under their leaders’ direct supervision and authority.
- Schedule -This is a day camp. Students will be dropped off and picked up by parents/guardians at designated times each day. Our daily schedule includes healthy meals, indoor/outdoor activities, team competitions, our amazing guest speaker, and powerful worship experiences!
- Safety – The first priority of every leader at camp is safety. Each camper is required to obey the camp rules in order for us to provide a safe environment for them. Campers who do not abide by the camp rules will not be allowed to remain at camp. Minor injuries will be treated by our Camp Nurse. Parents and emergency personnel will immediately be contacted for any major injury.
See FAQ’s below for more information
- Forms – A quick check to make sure all your paperwork is in.
- Payment – If you owe anything.
- Head Lice Check – No child will be allowed to participate if they have lice.
- Personal Care – Check-in with our Camp Nurse, all medication must be declared and checked in.
- Cash Check-In – All cash will be held by the Little Beaver Concession Stand.
- Team Assignment – Last step! Make sure you label your property!
Parents must walk with their camper through each step on the first day.
What to Bring Each Day:
- Extra Change of Clothes
- Swimming Clothes
- Shoes & Flip Flops
- Shower Stuffs (toothbrush, soap, etc.)
What Not to Bring:
- Electronic devices
- Bad attitude
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I drop off/pick up my camper?
- This is a day camp. Students will be dropped off and picked up by parents/guardians at designated times each day.
- May I visit my camper during camp?
- No, parents are asked to refrain from coming to visit the camp. After a few days away from home, campers who see their parent will generally opt to go home and not enjoy the full camp, causing them to miss what God has personally prepared for them.
- May my camper bring their phone to camp?
- No, please have your student leave their mobile phones at home. In the event of an emergency, the Camp Staff will contact you (the parents) directly.
- What does my camper need to pack for camp?
- See the packing list above.
- Can I send spending money for snacks, sodas, etc.?
- Yes! Little Beaver Camp has a snack shop that is open during our afternoon activities. Spending money must be turned in during Camp Check-In and will be held in an envelope with your child’s name on it. It will be kept by the Snack Shop Staff for your child to purchase from. Money not used will be returned to you at Camp Check-Out.
- Does my child need to know how to swim?
- Every camper is required to wear a life vest during our water activities regardless of swimming ability. Water activities include swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boating, and games.
- Can my child administer their own medicine?
- No, for the safety of the entire camp, all medicines and supplements must be turned in at Camp Check-In. Our Camp Nurse will be responsible to administer medicines at their prescribed time.
- What if my child has allergies?
- The online Camp Registration form includes allergy notifications. Please list any and all allergies on the registration form. We will work with the Camp Chef and the Camp Nurse to be sure your child stays safe!
- Can my child be on the same team as his/her friend?
- While we try our hardest to make sure each child has a friend on their team, we cannot accommodate all requests. Kids Camp is a great time for boys and girls to make new friends!
- Where will my child shower?
- Little Beaver Camp has separate bathrooms for boys and girls to use during camp. The bathrooms include individual showers. We provide strict supervision over teams through every phase of camp.
- What is included in the camp cost?
- Camp cost covers your child’s 4-days of activities, 10 meals, a camp t-shirt, lake activities, and transportation to and from camp.
- AUTHORITY – all campers are under the direct supervision and authority of their Team Leader.
- BOUNDARIES – natural boundaries are obvious at Little Beaver Camp, additional boundaries are provided by Team Leaders. Boys are not allowed in restrooms or dorm rooms that are assigned to girls, and vice versa.
- DRESS CODE – we encourage campers to wear their best clothes to the worship services. All clothing must be modest, including swimming suits. Girls will not be allowed to wear 2 piece swimsuits.
- CLEAN UP – campers are responsible for keeping the camp clean. This includes the dorms, dining hall, grounds, restrooms, and showers.
- TEAMS – each camper is assigned to a team. Campers are to stay with their team during all activities except electives, which are free choices.
- PRAYER – times of prayer are to be respected and not treated as playtime. Camp is designed to provide campers with dedicated time to seek God and receive from Him. Be respectful of others praying by keeping your hands to yourself, not talking to others, and obeying Team Leaders.
- PHONES – campers are not allowed to have phones at camp. All phones will be collected at Check-In. Permission to use phones can only be given by the Camp Director. Contact info will be provided to parents through Registration.
- PERSONAL ELECTRONICS – all personal electronic devices will be confiscated at camp. It is best for campers to leave them at home.
- MONEY – campers can purchase items at the concession stand during camp. They must check in their money at Check-In and will be held by Little Beaver Staff in their concession stand. Money not used will be returned at the end of the camp.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY – Destruction of the church or camp property is forbidden. The destruction of personal property belonging to other campers is forbidden. If you break something you must replace the items with a new one.
- COMPLIANCE – campers who refuse to follow camp rules, and refuse to obey leadership, will be sent home from camp. Parents will be expected to pick up their student at Little Beaver Camp.
- PARENTS – Parents are asked to refrain from visiting the camp. After a few days away from home, children will generally opt to leave camp, thus missing out on the full week experience of seeking God. Parents serving as staff need to allow their children to be free from parental supervision and allow their children to be a part of their team as much as possible.